Aug 16, 2011

My color palette updated!

So I have over 40 watercolor tubes (you can buy them by the bunch via Ebay, just be aware that you may buy discontinued colors.) When working I always take the longest when choosing my colors because I have way too many choices and I can't make up my mind, it drives me a little crazy. So I decided to reduce my amount of colors from 40 to 12 and the way I did it was by doing watercolor charts. That way I got to see what colors came out when mixing them and I got to choose the colors I liked the best. I ended up with 10 charts!


Here are some of the photos, I'm not uploading all just a few to give you an idea:






So I reduced my palette form 40 to 12 colors!! This no only means I will get to decide on colors faster, meaning I'll get to work a bit faster, but I will get to know how this colors work and I can now feel comfortable buying bigger tubes. Also I will feel more comfortable from when I switch from Winsor and Newton Cotman watercolors to the Artist watercolors. Now don't get me wrong, if I see a color that I like that I haven't tried I will not put it off, I will definitely try it!. Anyway Here is the final chart:


If you are wondering why the hands look weird,
 is because my hand-puncher due to all the punching broke!

Hence the alien hands.

Every chart after I was done labeling and gluing I covered them with clear duct tape, so that way they won't fall off. I just took the picture before, that way the tape wouldn't reflect the light. 

The 12 finalist colors are:
  • Lemon Yellow Nickle Titanate
  • Cadmium Yellow Hue
  • Raw Sienna
  • Cadmium Orange
  • Cadmiun Red
  • Alizarin Crimson Hue
  • Burnt Sienna
  • Burnt Umber
  • Prussian Blue
  • Cobalt Blue
  • Sap Green
  • Viridian

No comments:

Post a Comment