Apr 13, 2010

From my library to yours: Recommendations

Well I had shared all my design and illustration books, and I won't buy more till after I move to Portland, Don't want to make those boxes heavier for me. Now I'm going to share with you my favorite novels and non-fiction books that has nothing to do with design or illustrations. Here they are:



Wordplay by John Langdon: The creator of the Angel and Demons ambigrams, talks about the philosophy behind ambigrams, its quite surprising.
The Dog on the Roof by Mary Madsen Hallock: A mystery happening right on my hometown Oaxaca, Mexico.
Life is so Good by George Dawson: The story of George Dawson, a man who learns to read at the age of 98 but lived through history. His life story is amazing.
My Sister's Keeper: One of Jodi Picoult's best, a girl who sues her parents for using her body to keep her sister alive, the ending will shock you.
The Alchemist by Paul Coelho: A story about a shepherd following his Personal Legend. A story to encourage you to follow yours.
Momo by Michael Ende: A childhood favorite. Don't know if this book is translated in english, written by the same author of the never ending story. A book about how a little girl rescues the time stolen by the grey man, those who stole time from the humans. An interesting way to see capitalism.
Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder: The history of philosophy told through the adventures of Sophie.

What I'm reading right now:


The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt: Just started so I don't have mush to say but here is the summary from Barnes and Nobles "A spellbinding novel, at once sweeping and intimate, from the Booker Prize–winning author of Possession, that spans the Victorian era through the World War I years, and centers around a famous children’s book author and the passions, betrayals, and secrets that tear apart the people she loves."

What I'm going to read next:


No comments:

Post a Comment