Feb 15, 2010

First Quotes

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I spent it fighting a cold and sore throat, and I'm thankful today I woke up 85% better. Tomorrow I will be 100% myself.So tomorrow I will work on last week's ecollustration, but I will post it with this week ecollustration. Now a few months ago, I started a reading journal,where I write down quotes I get from books I read, I would like to share some of them:
"The reason  as to why we differ from the animal kingdom is self-awareness, it drives our ongoing efforts to understand our very nature"-Human by the Smithsonian Institute
"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass" Maya Angelou on Getting in touch with your inner bitch
"For many people the religion in which they are raised is religion, and they take no deep interest in other religions, even those to whom their religion means a great deal rarely know much about its history"
"Religions need to be seen as a whole, as living bodies that develop in relation to each others"-From Religion in four dimensions
"The search for truth will continue as long as there are human beings with curiosity...This is due to the attitudes and working processes of those whose mission it is to define truth: philosophers, artists and scientists"- John Langdon in Wordplay
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and lead us from this world to another" Plato in Wordplay
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes"-Wordplay
"What we call the beginning is often the end and to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from" T.S Elliot in Wordplay"
One of the reasons I love to read is because I love quotes. They are the sentences that I feel carry wisdom that make you stop and reflect or bring out a reaction from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment